Injuries to Minors and Children
If your child has been injured and you need a lawyer...turn to Kimmel Carter.
Children and teenagers generally have a higher risk of injury than adults, due in part to their smaller size and natural curiosity. Children are often not able to protect themselves or adequately appreciate the risks of their own behavior. Injuries are commonly caused by:
- Playing in unsafe places
- Ingesting harmful household products and chemicals
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Household fires
- Falling into unguarded swimming pools
- Putting foreign objects in the mouth
- Playing with fireworks or other explosives
- Carelessly crossing the street
- Maltreatment by those in a position of authority
- Negligent driving by new drivers
When a child is injured or killed, it is the parent or guardian who must seek legal assistance for that child. Kimmel Carter is experienced in handling minor injury claims. We can help you get the benefits and settlement required to adequately address your injured child’s current and long-term needs.
If you are a parent, relative, or guardian of a minor who was injured in the Delaware area, CONTACT US ONLINE or CALL US AT 302-565-6100 TO ARRANGE A FREE CONSULTATION.